Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I grew up in Roswell...kinda interesting
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I have crazy insomnia, so I thought I'd share something cool with you guys while I'm busy not sleeping:

I lived in Roswell throughout my childhood and had a pretty run-of-the-mill upbringing in a smallish town. I had never even heard of the "incident" until I was in high school. At that point it seems the city leaders decided that inducing alien mania would help with tourism, so now there's the annual alien festival, at least 2 alien museums on Main Street (last time I checked), an alien McDonalds, aliens on the windows at Wallmart...but I digress.

My dad was a doctor in town for a long time and many of his patients were elderly (fun fact: Roswell is also a booming retirement community). One particular guy he cared for for a lot of years ended up with terminal cancer. Apparently toward the end he got loose-lipped and told my dad that he was enlisted at Walker AFB (I think it was still called the Army Air Field at the time) in the 40s. He was there when it happened and told my dad all about it. My dad wouldn't go into a lot of detail because he couldn't break confidentiality, but he told me that according to this guy there were definitely otherworldly beings involved.

My father is a conservative, Christian man and it shook him to the core. We'd all pretty much dismissed the whole thing as a weather balloon gone wrong, but needless to say we're all believers now.

I can't back any of this up and wouldn't give names even if I knew them. I just thought you guys might find it interesting.

One last thing: Roswell is NOTHING like the TV show.

alien03
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP