Users Online Now: 2,101 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 867,057
Pageviews Today: 1,556,324Threads Today: 520Posts Today: 10,964
03:24 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Some say the end is near... Some say we'll see Armageddon soon... I certainly hope we will.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Are You a "Useful Idiot" ?... Or Just Useless?

Don't just call me pessimist...Try and read between the lines....I can't imagine why you wouldn't...
Welcome any change, my friend.

Ænima - is the second studio album by American rock band Tool. The album was released on September 17, 1996 in vinyl format and on October 1, 1996 in Compact Disc format. The album was recorded and cut at Ocean Way, Hollywood, California and The Hook, North Hollywood, California from 1995 to 1996. On its initial release, the album debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 chart, and has since been certified triple platinum by the RIAA on March 4, 2003. As of July, 7, 2010, Ænima has sold 3,429,000 copies in the US.

The album appeared on several lists of the best albums of 1996, including that of Kerrang! and Terrorizer.The album won the Grammy Award for Best Metal Performance in 1998. In 2003, Aenima was ranked the 6th most influential album of all time by Kerrang! In 2006, it placed 14th on a Guitar World readers poll that attempted to find the best 100 guitar albums.

The title Ænima is a combination of the words 'anima' (Latin for 'soul' associated with the ideas of "life force" and a term often used by psychologist Carl Jung) and 'enema' the medical procedure.

Music videos were made for "Stinkfist" and "Ænema". Promotional singles were issued for "H.", "Eulogy", and "Forty-Six & 2". Several of the songs are short segues or interludes that connect to longer songs, pushing the total duration of the CD towards the maximum of around 80 minutes. These segues are "Useful Idiot", "Message to Harry Manback", "Intermission", "Die Eier Von Satan", "Cesaro Summability", and "(-) Ions".

Themes of the album include Egyptian mythology in a seven-pointed star symbolizing Babylon, and sacred geometry in dividing the planet into grids related to chromosomes. The band dedicated the album to Bill Hicks (a comedian who the band felt was going in the same direction as them) and claimed this album to be partly inspired by him. The inside cover displays art featuring a painting of a disabled patient that shows a resemblance to singer Maynard James Keenan and Bill Hicks depicted as a doctor or "healer" with the line, "Another Dead Hero". Lines from Bill Hicks' standup set, "One Good Drug Story" and "The War on Drugs" are sampled before the song "Third Eye" and the track "Ænema" makes lyrical references to Bill Hicks' set Arizona Bay, which is about the San Andreas fault collapsing. The title track's lyrics suggest the only way to fix L.A. is to flush it all away and advises, "Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay." Underneath the CD the lenticular cased version shows a picture of California falling into the Pacific Ocean.

Lyrics

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see Armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation from this

Bullshit three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Fret for your figure and
Fret for your latte and
Fret for your lawsuit and
Fret for your hairpiece and
Fret for your prozac and
Fret for your pilot and
Fret for your contract and
Fret for your car.

It's a
Bullshit three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking Time. Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by fault-lines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see Armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will cuz
I sure could use a vacation from this

STUPID shit, silly shit, stupid shit...

One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.

Learn to swim.

Mum's gonna fix it all soon.
Mum's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to
be.

Learn to swim.

Fuck L Ron Hubbard and
Fuck all his clones.
Fuck all these gun-toting
Hip gangster wannabes.

Learn to swim.

Fuck retro anything.
Fuck your tattoos.