Users Online Now: 2,188 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,063,104
Pageviews Today: 1,430,992Threads Today: 368Posts Today: 5,696
11:40 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject BREAKING: Grocery stores are more dangerous/thought provoking than you think!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I was in the grocery store a few days ago, and I was in the dairy aisle, looking for some yogurt, and I was surveying my options, engrossed in the wide world of yogurt....then I felt something squishy and slippery at my feet.

Someone had dropped a container of sour cream, and it popped open and spilled all over the linoleum floor. I cursed this predicament, I had sour cream all over the bottom of my shoe! Okay, so now what? Meanwhile, a pregnant lady was behind me, cause she wanted some yogurt too! Well, I made my selection (which oddly enough, was not yogurt, I went for the cottage cheese) and hobbled on with a squishy sour cream foot. I was headed to the check out, so I promptly alerted the cashier of the spilled sour cream and she dispatched a bagger to handle the situation. Okay, so the whole incident was funny, I laughed at what happened, etc.

So, I hope that ya'll are still with me here: I am getting to the thought provoking part here:

Then on the way home I got to thinking, why didn't the sour cream spiller do anything about his accident...he could have told someone, ya know! Maybe he/she thought big deal...but look at what could have happened....what if some elderly man or woman fell on the sour cream, breaking a hip. Or what if the pregnant lady slipped and fell, hurting herself or her baby? We're talking about life changing events here (potentially). Did the sour cream spiller think of that? The consequences? Nope, probably not, and chose to ignore their actions, and not tell anyone so they could mitigate this hazard. Really was it that big of a deal for them to say-Hey I spilled some sour cream over there..sorry!

When you are in a grocery store how often do you look down at the floor to make sure it is safe? You are most assuredly dazzled by the endless choices being displayed in their colorful glory. Maybe lost in thoughts that were spurred by the little pictures of cows on the yogurt looking all happy and shit. Perhaps you were thinking of what those artificial flavors, colors and tetrasodium pyrophospates are going to do to your body if you choose to consume them....and wondering why the produce section is like a ghost town.... or maybe you're just hoping that your credit card will go through and you can get some food for your family this week. Or shit, I spilled some sour cream over there, I hope nobody finds out that I did it, and thinks I'm an idiot.

Well: if you are still reading- what does this say about people, our society, our world. We can't even take responsibility for little things that happen in our lives, what about the big shit? We can't look into the future and ponder the consequences of our actions?

I just wanted to pass on this story-as a reminder to watch your back in the grocery store, and maybe just in general, cause this story tells me that there are alot of people out there that just don't give a shit.

Maybe you already knew that.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP