Users Online Now: 2,276 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 543,774
Pageviews Today: 869,874Threads Today: 349Posts Today: 5,516
09:20 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject People have fundamentally different views of what God is.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Much of the misunderstandings and arguments people have about religion and faith has to do with their fundamental understanding of what God is for them. Until these differences are understood, very little common ground in our beliefs can be agreed upon.

For me God is a "Universal Consciousness", the combined total of all spiritual existence in this universe. In my view, this great Universal Consciousness is not a being that gets involved in our daily lives or our spiritual growth. We each control our own lives through our own individual inner spiritual self. WE decide what experiences we need next. WE decide what our life will be like in this and every other incarnation. As I have said before in other threads, we are each a drop of life in the ocean of God. An equal and perfect part of God. He is not a father to us, but a total of our higher selves and all life around us. We are like a cell in the body of God. We are each individual beings, but part of the whole we call God. He is no more involved in our daily lives than our body is involved in the growth of an individual cell in our physical body. We are a personal and individual part of the whole. That whole is God. Not our Father, but our whole.

These basic differences in understanding you and I have make all of our other views of life very different. With each of us seeing God so differently, how can we agree on other aspects of our reality?

Peace,
Fibonacci
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP