Users Online Now: 1,487 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 40,088
Pageviews Today: 56,441Threads Today: 12Posts Today: 262
12:28 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Post Your Best GINGER-ALE Recipes! Any Neat Ways To Make It FIZZY?(Free recipe inside already!)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message O.K. First of all,I'm going to submit the first ginger beer/root beer recipe MYSELF!
It does work quite well in terms of fizziness and taste.....I recommend it — especially now that the winter weather has begun....

NOTE:It HAS to be said that you should NEVER use glass bottles to make ginger-ale folks as quite a significant ammount of pressure is produced as the fermntation process kicks-in and the resulting build-up of gas HAS been known to cause glass bottles being used to EXPLODE so ONLY USE PLASTIC SODA-POP BOTTLES PLEASE!!! THANKS!

p.s. Just incase some smart-alec comes on and asks "what does GINGER-ALE have to do with a conspiracy forum?" — which,by the way folks,has been known to happen on a variety of threads and,I'm sure,WILL happen again...I am herebye going to Christen this recipe....:"Intel-Nut beer"!
PLEASE MAKE,DRINK,KEEP YOURSELVES WARM,AND ENJOY! (WITHIN LIMIT....AND NOT WHEN YOU'RE DRIVING!!!!) THANKS PEOPLE!

Recipe:

"Intel-Nut Beer" — Recipe is for a 1.5 Litre plastic bottle.

•2 tablespoons of warm water
•½ a teaspoon of sugar
•¼ of a teaspoon of dried yeast granules(I use bread-making yeast in small saches)
•1 cup of sugar (exactly half a pint)
•Juice of two lemons
•Rind of two lemons
•1 tablespoon of dried ginger powder (FRESHLY-grated ginger root CAN be used instead).

METHOD:Put FIRST measure of sugar in your warm water to dissolve,add yeast and stir.Place somewhere warm for the sugar-yeast solution to start working.
Finely grate or slice the rinds from two lemons and place in a heatproof container with the 1 cup of sugar and the dried ginger/grated ginger.Over that pour 1 cup of boiling water and leave to steep for 10 minutes.Strain into a 1.5 Litre plastic bottle in which the ginger beer will be made.Top up with cool water to near top so that final temp is approximately body temperature.Add the sugar-yeast solution to same bottle once it shows signs of working,i.e.it foams.Then cap bottle tightly.Shake the bottle thouroughly (approx.1 minute) and then put in a WARM place where your mixture will be able to turn into yummy,fizzy,warming,seasonal beverage GREAT for this time of the year!

LEAVE UN-OPENED UNTILL BOTTLE BECOMES UNDENTABLE — the harder the bottle becomes the better the beer AND the FIZZIER!

Depending on the yeast used this can take anything from between twelve hours to three days so PLEASE be patient.It is advisable to keep an eye on the mixture as it progresses towards maturity as it has been known to happen that,SOMETIMES,a small number of bottles WILL inevitably EXPLODE...
Folks,if you ask me,that's what makes this recipe all-the-more exciting!!!!!!!

Once your bottle becomes too hard to be squeezed (usually by the end of the third day) place it in your fridge to become chilled.
You'll LOVE ginger's natural,herbal abillity to warm you up on these cold wintry days.ENJOY!

*****REMEMBER FOLKS,THIS IS GLP,SO TAKE CARE WHEN OPENING THE BOTTLE!!!!!!!*****
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP