Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Fear, Dread and Despair
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I love this site, but it's amazing what a cesspool of negativity it can manifest in people, especially myself. I come on here every single day, mostly for news and because some of you are very intelligent, creative and open minded.

However, there's a very common theme around here that many of you may not even pick up on, unless you stand back and metaphorically blur your "vision". All the talk of the doomsday, alien invasions, world war, nuclear fallout, etc.. it works on your subconscious and many of you don't even realize it. This dawn of realization hit me today while I HAD to join my fellow human beings in the bustle of shopping, mailing, etc; something I usually try and avoid. My typical mindset of everyone around me being mindless sheep, controlled by TPTB, mass media, fluoridated water, etc. and generally being "asleep", completely melted away after a barrage of smiles and positive energy that I received from complete strangers. This went on from one place to the next; the unconditional kindness and respect from these people melted away my consciously imposed, introverted facade.

Now I realize there are still assholes, poverty and bad things in the world.. but I hope others realize that you play an essential role in creating what kind of environment you are in. Religious or not, if someone smiles and says "Merry Christmas", at least smile and return the gesture. Fuck knows we all need a little kindness in a world that has seemingly lost its goddamn mind. You never know.. maybe can turn this thing around after all.

Lloyd: What are my chances?
Mary: Not good.
Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million...
Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance... *YEAH!*

And now I wouldn't expect anything less: One star this fucker, please ;)
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP