Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Merry X-Mass sea-sun! :) and magic mushrooms to thee
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message this is text that goes along with a series of photos i made for an art project about a reinterpratation of xmas.
i made this about 5 years ago, so i really could update this with a lot more information i have now.
but i still think this stands pretty good as is all these years later. although it rambles, as i do. the photos are moer succinct, imo.
again:
this is text that accompanies PHOTOGRAPHS, so some of it will not totally match up. but i think it does an ok job standing on it's own.

here it is:
"welcome to the end (or the beginning!)
of X-mass

i was researching on the meaning of christmas in many cultures and

christmas, as we all know, is supposedly about the "birth of christ"

i do think that jesus (or many of his other forms, buddha, krishna, mary, etc), whether a he was a real being who walked this earth or whether he is a mythological figure, is important and his true meaning has been misconstrued through the ages.

so what i wanted to convey through my photos here, was a re-connection to the sacred meaning of CHRISTmas or Xmas.

(and i have been reading a lot lately about gnostic christianity, the kabbalah, and much mythology of the cultures of the world.)

i see the cross (X) and christ as as a symbol for transformation within ourselves.

the cross is where opposites come together in union and harmony.
christ, to me, was saying through LOVE, opposites can come together and live in peace.
the dark and the light, the feminine and and masculine, the lion and the lamb, the snake and the angel.

(i am now going to start speaking "in general" here,
i do not speak for all women or all men. i am generalizing)

i think this whole "virgin birth" thing has really screwed men out of a big part of their sacred part in everything (no pun intended). and really screwed up women, as well!

men! you need to RECLAIM your part in creating "the SUN of god".
this is why i chose to use symbols for the penis, too.
you are not so unworthy that you do not play 1/2 the part in creating a LIGHTbeing!
you do yourself (and everyone) a disservice by thinking this was only between mary and some "angel" and god!
you leave yourself out of the equation of creating the SACRED!
men! you are not so LOWLY that if you even TOUCH a virgin with your penis SHE becomes "unpure"! think about that!
this is ridiculous and backwards thinking, isn't it?

HONOUR that part of you that is in your BODY.
re-CONNECT the mind/spirit/body!
do not keep projecting your own feelings of feeling "lesser" onto women and making women cover their bodies because YOU will not step up to the plate and take responsibility to have REVERENCE for your feelings of "shock and awe" when you view the female (or male) form. there is no shame in it!
do not "make" women have to be "virgins" in order to create something "holy".
because by saying that you are putting yourself down!
mary needed a MAN to make jesus! yes, that means she had SEX!
oh! the horror :)
can SEX create something sacred? yes, it CAN, and it DOES!

let's reclaim the masculine AND the feminine and put it all back in it's rightful order! let's all reclaim the SACREDNESS of sex!
and by that i am NOT saying being a "virgin" nor be a "whore".
nor be a "priest" or be a "stud".
let's put all that archaic thinking behind us!
because it really is causing so much harm!

honour the "divine spark" inside of your body which is connected to your soul! sol=light!
we both play a part in this dance of opposites.
now is the time of BIRTH (a birthday!)...to AWAKEN and come out of darkness and enLIGHTen to know we do not have to dance this dance anymore of virgin/whore. or the celibate priest! look how many problems that has caused!
sex is sacred and part of LIFE and LIGHT.

X is the SPOKE in the wheel of life.
the X is literally the TREE of life contained within the wheel.
and it is inside you as well as without!
as above so below! the macrocosm is the microcosm!
this is explained so well in the mandelbrot set! :)
(look up tree of life, there is much information in all cultures on it, it is as ancient as we are!)

MER-I-AM (miriam, the mirror, medusa, the "virgin" mary, mary magdalene, the mother of god) "spoke".
mer stands for light (or water...2 sides of the same coin)

so "mer-i-am spoke al-la hail Zesus see-King light"
means:
light i am (i am light),
spoke (the place where opposites meet in harmony)
i use SPOKE as a VERB.
because "god/dess" is a VERB.

al-la
(all of us...we are god and god is one. alla is the same forwards as backwards)
all-LA.
la is a note, a SONG, a vibration a frequency!
ALL of us make up this song. we all sing ALL-LA..lalala....
the song is the reflection of us and we are the reflection of the song.
AllA

law could also mean an law, the law of ONE.

so "the light" spoke and everything SANG....

"hail Z-esus!"
the letter Z represents the earth meeting the sky and the sky meeting the earth. it is a lightning bolt shaking us out of our tower to new thought! *zap!*
in numerology it is the number 8, the symbol of infinity.

the light spoke and sang a song about how we are all one when it witnessed "Z" the symbol of infinity, or earth meeting sky to make a dia-monde... it knew it was one!

and we are all seeking light....the truth...
the light spoke and saw itself, it's own reflection, it sang a song singing "i am seeking light!, i am seeking MYSELF! i SEE myself! look here i am! here WE are! ta da!"

light is composed of all the colours of the rainbow, and all the opposites are not really opposites but 2 sides of the same coin, reflections of each other. all is one. opposite is an illusion.

when we seek ourselves we find not only ourselves but we find everyone.
and here we can "D-WELL" (D is a door to the well of knowledge)
in harmony. we all can have our separate notes.
we do not need to all be on the same frequency, but we can harmonize to make a song.
through LOVE.

and this is what jesus was trying to say, i think.
and what his birth represents.
it represents the birth of CHRIST CONSCIOUSNESS
WITHIN ourselves.
the cross is the tree of life that we must navigate our way through to trance-form ourselves back to the light.
we are ALL SUNS of god/dess.

(no, i'm not on any magic mushrooms as i write this, but let me know if you've got some ha :)

we all need to reclaim the feminine, tho.
that part has been sorely lost, like odin's left eye (right brain thinking) down the well of mirmir (mer-i-am).

(go google all this stuff to learn more, it's too much to really even summarize here, as much as i am trying! i'm not all that great at summarizing, as you can tell :) which is why i tried to say it in the photos, because a picture is worth a 1,000 words. and usually i detest explaining my art, but this time i wanted to explain it as best as i could)

we need to reclaim the marvelous SHECHINAH (shock and awe) which is the feminine side of "god" (the universe/all that is).

let us deLIGHT in the feminine instead of shaming it.
because by shaming the feminine we are shaming the masculine.
and by that i do not mean "put it on a pedestal and worship it from afar"
but bring it INTO yourself.
it's already there! it just needs to be harmonized and integrated so that women are not so oppressed on this earth any more and shamed for having female bodies and female minds!
so let us celebrate Xmas.
the cross within ourselves where polarities meet and KNOW each other and say "hi, i acKNOWledge you!"
let this be a re-BIRTH and re-memberance inside of you on this day and every day. happy birthday!

MERRY Xmas!!!

cheers!"

if you would likento see the photos that go along with this go to
anacam.com/xmas
but i warn you beforehand it is not work safe.
it contains sexual themes and has very mild nudity
(and it put into a context of humour and surrealism)
i have made it so that you hahve to cut and paste to go to the link,.
because seriously, if you don't want to see something that will piss you off, then not cut and paste that into your browser.
if you do not have a very good sense of humour about sexuality and aren't really into abstract stuff, you will not like it.
just warning you so you don't come at me all "that's stupid!"
it's not everyone's cup off tea, i realize it.
but if you don't like it, you are not the audience it was intended for.

i also apologize for any links that do not work at the end.
i made this about 6 years ago and my website has moved around a bit so some of the links to do not work.
i'll fix that someday.

anyway, it's kind fo a drag i have put such a preamble about the link, but seriously. i seem to bring out the freak in people sometimes. i hope here, it will be in a good way.

x,
p
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP