Users Online Now: 1,789 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 48,132
Pageviews Today: 73,644Threads Today: 33Posts Today: 409
12:37 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject **UPDATE ** Sister-in-law had a stroke last night. She's only 40. Prayers & thoughts appreciated.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Please send up a prayer for my sister-in-law.

I just found out: **Correction (it was earlier in the DAY on New Year's Day, not NYE like I first thought) while out to dinner, she had a stroke -- fell off of her chair at the restaurant and to the floor. She was unresponsive until an hour ago. From what my mom told me, she can't really 'speak' yet, as everything is garbled, but she's awake now and at least trying to speak.

She's a beautiful person, and mother to four children -- two of them are toddlers. I can't imagine how helpless my brother must be feeling right now.

Your prayers (for her) and kind thoughts are much appreciated.

P.S. I figured a prayer chain from all the peeps on GLP could have a profound effect. Thanks everyone.

**Update: January 2nd @ 10:00am CST
Hemorrhagic Stroke, cause unknown. The doctor is hoping he will not have to surgically intervene. :-(

Hemorrhagic Stroke Overview [link to health.nytimes.com]

**Update: January 3rd @ 10:22am CST
Had CT scans this morning, don't know results yet;
MRI shows nothing conclusive, though she has passed the swallowing test & the motor skills test and is talking clearly. Her memory is spotty. At this point she has not been told what happened -- though she knows that she has a really bad headache. Her brain is still swollen, but the amount of swelling is the same (not worse) as yesterday.
Full Update Here:
Thread: **UPDATE ** Sister-in-law had a stroke last night. She's only 40. Prayers & thoughts appreciated. (Page 6)

**Update: January 4th @ 10:31am CST
Her CT scan came back 'better' this morning -- less swelling of the brain and less blood. They still don't have root cause. Her memory is still spotty, but she's starting to get her personality a little bit.

**Update: January 9th @ 3:30pm CST
My sister-in-law is very weak and suffers from terrible headaches due to the pressure. She can walk and talk, but has little appetite and is exhausted. Her memory is still spotty. The swelling is still too great for them to determine root cause.

**Update: January 12th @ 12:00pm CST
My sister-in-law has been moved to a rehab center. She was not really ready to be checked out of the hospital stroke ward yet (per her Doctors') but the insurance company would not allow her to stay there, so now she is at Mercy medical in Oshkosh, WI. *more on page 7
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP