Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject It Took Me 29 Years to Discover Wine, Ask Me a Question
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I never dug the taste of wine. Thought it was kind of crappy, preferred beer or whiskey.

On New Year's Day, just after midnight, my kid sister, age 24, insisted I drink champagne. I used to sip it now and then to be a good sport, but never drank a whole glass. So this year, I relented. Now, I think it's awesome.

Right now, I'm drunk on a bottle of something called Santa Margherita. It was a gift from years ago that I put in a closet and ignored, since I was never a wine guy. I am a light weight, yes, I admit it. But I've downed all but one last glass in the last half hour, and this feels different than being drunk of beer or harder stuff. It goes down easy, and it's like a different feeling.

I can't believe it took nearly 30 years of my life to realize how great wine is. Just wanted to share.

Feel free to ask me a question, hope this is coherent. 2012: The year I learned to appreciate vino!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP