Users Online Now: 2,119 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 404,009
Pageviews Today: 642,933Threads Today: 223Posts Today: 3,234
08:01 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Women and the Bible----Christianity only gives us whores and virgins to identify with.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This is what made me walk away from Christianity. There isn't much there for women, it becomes obvious that the bible was used in part to stamp out the feminine, or altogether obscure it.

This is what happened during the Crusades and the Inquisition---murder of those who were herbalists, naturalists and Gnostics.

What does a woman get from the bible aside from a male saviour archetype to which she could never identify--as a woman?

The other alternative is essentially, a whore or a virgin mother. These two are so at odds to one another. it seems like a set-up for failure.

If you're a mother and not a virgin--basically you're a whore or prostitute.

What does Christianity do for you girls? Please don't simply quote bible scripture, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the issue instead--I've read the bible many times over.

The best analogy the bible gives for the feminine is to refer to her as Wisdom in Proverbs.

Other than that, it doesn't leave much to go on for women.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP