Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Powdered laundry detergent "recipe"
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message In my spare time I take a break from being the amazing Beeblebrox and put on my thrifty mom hat. I just got finished making my twice-yearly supply of laundry detergent and thought you guys might be interested. You'll probably have to order clay powder and SLSa, but everything else can be found at the grocery store (Kroger is my go-to). This stuff is amazing and works just as well if not better than store-bought detergents. The best part is you know exactly what's in it!

One note: sodium lauryl sulfoacetate (SLSa)is NOT the same thing as sodium lauryl sulfate (SLES) or sodium laureth sulfate (SES). It's a much milder, safe surfactant (soap) that's derived from coconut and palm oil.

Powdered Laundry Detergent

1/4 C clay powder (I use white Kaolin)
2-3 T essential oil of your choice (optional)
13 C Borax
6 C baking soda
6 C washing soda
2 C sodium lauryl sulfoacetate (SLSa)

Use a dust mask or damp scarf over your nose and mouth...trust me on this one.

Using a fork, mix the clay powder with the essential oil, making a smooth paste. Add the remaining ingredients to the clay paste in a 2-3 gallon tub, breaking up any lumps.

Store in a lidded container in a dry place. Use approx. 1/8 C per load.

This lasts between 6 month and 1 year depending on how many kids you have, lol.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP