Users Online Now: 2,376 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,824,764
Pageviews Today: 2,526,928Threads Today: 620Posts Today: 11,718
07:28 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The True Nature of Heaven and Hell. DON'T be deceieved!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message The concept of humans being tortured by demons is pure fiction, mostly based off Dante's Inferno and encouraged by the Church in the west throughout the middle ages until it became common "knowledge".

In fact the word "Hell" is simply a Norse Pagan word that was USED in translation to western languages to replace several different Hebrew and Greek words. Gehenna, Hades, Sheol were all translated as Hell, but only where it fit the translator's preconceived ideas. In areas where it implied suffering, Sheol was changed to Hell. When it didn't imply suffering, they used other words like grave or simply Sheol.

I got news for you... EVERYONE goes to Sheol, good or bad. The difference is that for some experiencing the presence of God in Sheol is everlasting joy, while to others it is pure torment.

Think of a creature who lived in a cave all it's life suddenly being exposed to the Sun. It would be pure agony. To those who have sought out the Sun all their lives and built up an exposure, it's warmth and light is wonderful.

There is a gulf between those in agony and God's children and there is a literal place where the fallen Angels were cast out and are awaiting the day of judgement, but Heaven and Hell are all in your own experience of Sheol and God's everlasting presence and Love.

Please don't believe the lie that God created a place "apart from himself" explicitly for the torture of "bad people".

Psalm 139:7-8 Taken from the literal Hebrew:

Whither shall I go from Thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from Thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, Thou art there; if I make my bed in the nether-world (translated 'Hell' in KJV) behold, Thou art there.

There is no place apart from God. Make no mistake there will be weeping and "gnashing of teeth" for the wicked, and glorification for the righteous, and this judgment comes from God, but these destinies are not separate destinations. The Bible indicates that everyone comes before God in the next life, and it is because of being in God's presence that they either suffer eternally, or experience eternal joy.

There is so much more to be written on this topic. I have learned from teachers far wiser than I.

Hope this helps some of you in your walk.

Be well.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP