Users Online Now: 1,410 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 268,806
Pageviews Today: 428,132Threads Today: 136Posts Today: 2,193
05:27 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Anyone else hear "the sound" in OH?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I know I'm getting to this late but I'm not on much and until recently hadn't realized what I experienced on New Year's Eve wasn't an isolated incident. It was approx. 10pm in Donellsville, OH (about 15-20 miles from metro Dayton)myself and several of my friends heard a distant roar combined with a whooshing sound sort of like what you get when a strong gust of wind approaches through distant trees. Having grown up with WPAFB primary airfields literally in my back yard and my experience while serving with the 101st out of Ft. Campbell I can tell you this was no aircraft. At least not one I have ever heard. Also, as Donellsville is a farming community we are far enough from any metropolitan or industrial area that it is unlikely to have been any conventional man made cause I can think of. The next day I did see that there was a rare 4.0 + mag EQ in Youngstown a couple hours to the north at roughly the same time... however the distance between our locations caused me to believe them to be unrelated.

This was only a curiosity to myself and my friends on NYE, yet now that I have seen an outbreak of eerily similar stories worldwide I find it unsettling. Anyone else experience this "sound" on NYE? Thanks in advance for your reply!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP