Users Online Now: 1,870 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 713,635
Pageviews Today: 944,263Threads Today: 258Posts Today: 3,790
08:12 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Tourettes Outbreak among only girls at one school is figured out. It was all in their heads!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Thank God they are on the case. A doc for one of the girls has said that the tourettes outbreak in a New York school that has only effected 12 girls is just a rare episode of mass hysteria and the girls will get better.

[link to todayhealth.today.msnbc.msn.com]

The day after TODAY reported on the baffling case of 12 teenage girls at one school who mysteriously fell ill with Tourette's-like symptoms of tics and verbal outbursts, a doctor who is treating some of the girls has come forward to offer an explanation. Dr. Laszlo Mechtler, a neurologist in Amherst, N.Y., says the diagnosis is "conversion disorder," or mass hysteria.

"It's happened before, all around the world, in different parts of the world. It's a rare phenomena. Physicians are intrigued by it," Mechtler told TODAY on Wednesday.

"The bottom line is “I was fine. I was perfectly fine. There was nothing going on, and then I just woke up, and that’s when the stuttering started,” Sanchez told TODAY.

“I’m very angry,’’ Sanchez told TODAY’s Ann Curry during an interview Tuesday. “I’m very frustrated. No one’s giving me answers.’’

these teenagers will get better."

I love how they discuss all of the girls having doctors but only interviewed one of them. The one with this explanation of mass hysteria.

Now i will openly admit I am not an MD. i also have zero experience with anyone that suffers from tourettes. but I am not sure it takes and MD to find this explanation strange. I would consider myself an expert in stress. At least I know i have had it A LOT. I know the mind is a powerful thing but this just doesn't add up.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP