Users Online Now: 1,148 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 157,001
Pageviews Today: 263,409Threads Today: 88Posts Today: 1,260
02:42 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Abortion: A different perspective.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Ok..there is another thread on here about abortion which is caught up in the endless pro-life vs. pro-choice arguments centering around circular logic. I keep posting some points and questions for people, but they are quickly getting lost in religious and political rhetoric.

I'm genuinely interested in what people think about the following issues surrounding abortion. Please respond...we never hear these questions in the media, or political/religious debates.

1. Is it "irresponsible" to bring a child into a world which will most likely be either, A) An overpopulated, highly polluted & toxic, fascist hellscape of ever-dwindling resources or B) There is some time of large-scale depopulating event such as global thermonuclear war, superflu pandemic, meteor strike, some combination thereof, etc. In this event...you have brought a child into the fucking apocalypse.

2. This one is for the Catholics (especially)- There is often much ado about how it is wrong to take an "innocent life". However, according to any form of Christianity which believes in Original Sin and baptismal rites a newborn infant is nothing short of hellspawn and will burn in the eternal lake of fire unless they are baptised. Therefore...wouldn't the fetus only be "innocent" if baptismal rights were performed in utero?

3.] For the crowd who opposes abortion even when the mother's life is in danger- Assuming the mother has been baptised, asked forgiveness for her sins, and has accepted Christ as her personal savior...how does one put a higher priority on the fetus than the infant? The problem of Original Sin from #2 aside...isn't the Mother also "innocent"? That's what Jesus purportedly died for, right? Are there "degrees of innocence"? Can you negotiate with God or is "innocence" an absolute? Does one's "innocence" slowly evaporate over time so that an infant naturally has a greater degree of it than an adult? If so...does this mean that all elderly people are inherently more evil than all teenagers? I'm confused...please...help me understand.

4. Why is God "against" killing a fetus or infant...but also directly orders Abraham to murder his own son just to prove his faith and loyalty? What did Abraham's son ever do to not be considered "innocent"?

5. For the strict "life is life" and "all life is sacred" crowd- Does the sacred nature of life extend to Osama Bin Laden? Pol Pot? Saddam Huessein? What about smallpox? If I take antibiotics to kill an infection...will I go to hell? My dog caught a chipmunk the other day...will my big, fluffy, buddy go to hell? Or is it only human life that is included as being "sacred?"

I probably will come up with some more as well...but this is a good start. Anyone who has some answers to these...please respond. From where I'm sitting the pro-life argument(s) look a bit schizophrenic and arbitrary.

Thoughts?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP