Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Multiple Sclerosis & Natural Therapies to Treat It
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Hello, all.

I have noticed that a great number of posters on this site are quite familiar with and do practice natural medicine. My post is to seek out help from you all who have knowledge of natural ways to treat MS.

My boyfriend has suffered with the disease for 7 years. I really want to help him find a better way of treating his MS as the crap the drug companies offer make him worse - not better.

From my research thus far, I've learned that MS is an auto-immune disease wherein the body rejects the myelin sheath surrounding nerve cells in the brain and spine. To date, very little seems to be known as to why this happens or how to cure it...let alone treat it without killing the patient!

I've noticed a few similarities between the pain and muscle spasms my boyfriend has with his MS and Diabetic Neuropathy and I'm hoping I'm going in the right direction with this.

Diabetic Neuropathy is also caused by the loss of the myelin sheath surrounding the nerve cells. My mother has suffered from Diabetes Myelitis since she was 19 years old. She is a Type 1 brittle (insulin sensitive) diabetic and started developing symptoms of Diabetic Neuropathy about 10 years ago. They tried to treat her with Gabapentin, but that stuff is nasty crap! She was so dizzy she could barely stand up! So instead, she and I did some research and discovered that taking 50mg of Alpha lipoic acid had been shown not only to aid in maintaining proper blood glucose levels, but also to relieve the symptoms of Diabetic Neuropathy. So far she is doing well. I'm hoping that someone here has had experience with Alpha lipoic acid and can recommend a dosage that would work for my fella. I'm thinking that since the average starting/working dose in all of the research Mom and I did was 50mg, that this is where I should start.

MS is a complex disease. I'm not only looking for ways to control his pain, but to stop his attacks. Waking up paralyzed or not being able to see or hear is really hard (understatement) on us both. Fatigue is what he has all of the time. He stays as busy as he can and avoids as much stress as possible, but there must be a way to help increase his tolerance to stress, relieve his pain, and either stop any further deterioration of the myelin sheath or repair/restore the damage that has been done. I've talked to a few other with MS that swear by Vitamin D-3, but I've not had the time to do the proper research on this claim.

So with this rather lengthy post, I'm asking my fellow GLP'ers with knowledge on natural remedies for MS to either let me know what they have been doing that worked, or to help me find something that will.

I eagerly away your responses :)
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP