Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I Met the Rifleman Once, I Miss That America
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message It's pretty sad when the only decent shows on television are older shows from the sixties. When I was nine years old and living at NAS Lemoore in California, Chuck Conners and one of the actors from Garrison's Gorillas and Santa Claus flew in by Navy Helicopter and landed right next to the base theater which at the time was 25 cents admission. Yes, it was Christmas (My god he just used the C word). When Chuck got up on stage he was larger than life and commenced to shoot his cool ass rifle slightly upwards and away from us to the right so the ejector was pointing toward the packed theater and as the casings flew into the first rows it was an instant kiddie dog pile. Every kid wanted a spent casing from the Rifleman's rifle. Nowadays they would probably refer to us as an unruly crowd of young white gun lovers. After the show as we exited, Chuck and gang shook each kids hand as they handed us the red net Christmas (There I go again) sock filled with California oranges and other treats. The rifleman as campy as it may seem today depicted moral situations of good against evil in a land where there could be much lawlessness. It defended against racism in a predominantly white culture but then that's truly closer to the way it was in small westerly towns where the black man had not migrated to in numbers as of yet. The bad guy always met his up and comings either through epiphany or at the end of Lucas's rifle. Today's rerun I caught and it brought this all to mind. A China-man and his young son come to town and are ridiculed by a few local turd bags. And as usual Lucas and Mark befriend them and end up sticking up for them when no one else is. It turns out the China-man can take care of himself as he whips some martial arts and a few karate chops on the dork and Lucas doesn't even need to use his rifle.
Lucas wasn't quick to use his gun but did when it was absolutely necessary. What happened to us?

Is shit like the Walking Dead and Vampires and Suc-a-butts all that entertains us now and mindless supposed comedy like 2 1/2 douche bags? Shows like the Rifleman depicted America and what we once stood for. Decency with firm resolve against tyranny. Campy or not I'd rather live in such a world surrounded by an army of Ted Nugents and the likes of the Rifleman. There were some assholes like Judge Roy Bean and some terrible mistakes like Wounded Knee but as long as we recognize them we can be better than ever. Those of us like minded will need to know each other and stick together when the SHTF. . If you're black don't vote for that SOB just because he's black or find yourself in a bigger hurt than you've ever seen in your life in the next four years. Stay fresh and keep your powder dry and turn off the TV while you're at it. If you do turn it on maybe TV Land is one of your only options.

Hope to see you all on the other side or at the boarder, which ever comes first.

[link to images.search.yahoo.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP