Users Online Now: 1,736 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 888,499
Pageviews Today: 1,099,741Threads Today: 183Posts Today: 3,963
08:49 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject General Info for my GLP friends, that need a job.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message The oil fields right now are desperate for people. I'm not kidding. It's not as hard as most people think it is. Working derricks is... scary. LOL But the rest of the industry is just moving heavy crap. With trucks, boom lines, winches etc... I did it in the 80's in my 20's, it was fun. It's gotten a lot safer, faster, more money. Here in TX the Odessa and Midland areas, floors/newby, starts at 21.00 and hour. You work 84 hours a week, and get a week off. Some companies want both crews there on move the rig day. So that's an extra 24-36 hours every couple of weeks, generally 3 weeks, when it's move day/days.

My brother works for Patterson. He's the tool pusher, works on call at the rig for week on week off, He's the "rig manager". But takes other classes all the time, so more hours.

South Dakota is booming.

There are NO rv spaces in Midland and Odessa. But they are building. In the Dakotas, you can expect to pay 800.00 for an rv spot. They are that booming, and that desperate for hands.

Do some research. Check out rigzone web site for job listings.

I hope this encourages some of you young bucks, help the country and get paid good.

:-)
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

News