Users Online Now: 1,458 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 620,635
Pageviews Today: 806,305Threads Today: 187Posts Today: 2,733
05:46 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Done right, even your man can learn new tricks....
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Can you just imagine the outcry if this article was about training women.....chuckle

Nobody expects an animal to change its behavior overnight, unless that animal is of the species homo sapiens. And that simple realization has changed journalist Amy Sutherland’s life, for the better.
Two years ago, after attending a school for exotic animal trainers for a book project, Sutherland had an insight: What works on animals ought to work on humans.
Using her own husband as her test subject, she applied the same techniques to training him that animal trainers use on killer whales, baboons and every other manner of critter. She wrote an article for The New York Times about it, and it became that newspaper’s most e-mailed article of the year.
It inspired so much interest, and so many interviews, that Sutherland turned it into a book: “What Shamu Taught Me About Life, Love, and Marriage: Lessons from Animals and Their Trainers.” A movie is to follow.
“The cool thing about the animal kingdom — which we’re in — is that there’s a fundamental principal in that we all gravitate toward what we like and away from what we don’t like,” Sutherland told TODAY’s Natalie Morales on Tuesday in New York. “We reach for the ice-cream cone, and we avoid the kick in the pants. That works with humans too.”
In her Times article, she had written: “I listened, rapt, as professional trainers explained how they taught dolphins to flip and elephants to paint. Eventually it hit me that the same techniques might work on that stubborn but lovable species, the American husband.
“The central lesson I learned from exotic animal trainers is that I should reward behavior I like and ignore behavior I don't. After all, you don't get a sea lion to balance a ball on the end of its nose by nagging. The same goes for the American husband.”

Watch the video/article here:

[link to today.msnbc.msn.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

News