Users Online Now: 2,208 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 486,781
Pageviews Today: 849,113Threads Today: 415Posts Today: 6,192
09:42 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Afghanistan demands US publicly punish those soldiers involved in Koran Burning.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message When I read that our President apologized tot he leader of Afghanistan for the Koran burning, I was a bit upset, when I read that the President of Afghanistan demanded those involved be held accountable, in an Afghani court..I laughed a bit and was outraged, when I read about the soldiers inured and killed and then the ones who were shot dead in retaliation to the Koran burning I was outraged...when I learned there was no apology from Afghanistan about the violence I was not surprised...when I learned we were doing NOTHING to find the violent criminals and demand they be held accountable..I was again outraged....NOW...NOW

The joint Afghan-American investigation final report calls for disciplinary review for at least six people involved in the Koran burning, including American military “leaders” and an American interpreter.

The same day, the pre-eminent body of Afghan religious leaders, the Ulema Council, which conducted its own inquiry, demanded that the United States immediately hand over prison operations to the Afghan government and publicly punish those involved in the Koran burning. If this happens......I don't know anymore, I am so upset, it is just craziness.

More here at:
[link to www.nytimes.com]

It seems the soldiers burned about 1600 books from the prison library because they found notes being sent from prisoner to prisoner in the margins of the books. They took them to an incinerator to burn them. Some Afghanistan soldiers were burned trying to stop the burning of the holy books.

I can see this as at most, insensitive handling of materials which have apparent spiritual meaning to the people of Afghanistan, but CRIMINAL!!!!! No way should our soldiers be punished for this act as crimes. A good solid dose of sensitivity training should do the trick.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP