Users Online Now: 1,952 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,372,180
Pageviews Today: 1,880,286Threads Today: 475Posts Today: 8,089
02:52 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Is it better to be aware and awake or blisfully ignorant?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message So this morning I get into an argument for speaking my mind. My bf has more of an idealistic perspective of things in general vs my realist views (He's a Pisces, I'm a Scorpio). I was once naive and idealistic myself, but I've always kept an open mind because I can sense when there's more than meets the eye.
Being a Scorpio, I have strong opinions that I am not afraid to voice. People who don't know Scorpio often feel like we're trying to force our opinion on others when we're merely voicing or defending our standpoint.
I've always sensed something "dark" behind the scenes of both Political and Entertinment arenas. I was briefly part of the entertainment industry at some point and I got out as soon as I could. I've never truly delved into the whole Illuminati/MK Ultra stuff bc, incredibly as it sounds, I was more afraid of finding that there's truth to it. (Ignorance is bliss)
Having read some of the Jessica Simpson MTV house thread, which led to other sites with even more incredible info, as always I did my own research, only to find that the rabbit hole is much, much deeper than I ever believed possible. As we discussed this topic this morning, I remarked how anyone who's anyone, has had to give up either body or soul, or both, to get there and stay there. Even someone as innocent-looking as Taylor Swift, it's all a show. Wow, you'd think I'd just cursed out his mother because he started to go off about how the Country music industry isn't like that (LOL) and how she's not doing anything bad and etc. It was then that I realized that many people do NOT want to be aware...as much as they can keep an open mind and as much as they know that there is something very wrong with the world, they REFUSE to believe it. They don't want to see the world as it is, they want to continue to wear the rose-colored glasses. I was called a cynic....which I may be, although I think I'm more "jaded" than anything, I simply cannot carry on living and pretending like we don't live in absolute horrible times.
I can forget enough to enjoy life, but I find that the things that make me happy at this stage in my life aren't on tv or on the radio. Classical music, world music, the fine arts, writing, science, literature, nature, that's the type of stuff that brings true joy and fulfillment to my heart and the more "aware" I become, the more I see how people are mindless robots and I find it hard to play the same game.
Does anyone else ever wish they were just blissfully ignorant like the rest of the sheep and not tortured by the terrifying violence, corruption and depravity that is our current reality?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP