Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Taum Sauk Caldera/Midwest Volcanos | NMFZ/WVFZ/Midwest Seismic Zones
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Recently there was a video that has gone viral of "plumes" coming from the Midwest.

[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]

That caused me great concern because my family and I live in the region.

So I started to investigate this event.

First I went to the source and got my own video so I could examine the region and get a fixed position:

It was mentioned that these plumes were "controlled burns", which I had a hard time believing because of the high winds we had been having.
But, if this were true, this would be a BIG event!

So next I checked in Missouri where this location was, since it appears to be about 40 miles from where I live. Sure enough, there was a planned controlled burn: [link to maps.google.com]

I didn't need to do any further research.

But in the meantime it did peak my curiosity about volcanos in my area. I know that this region is geographically unique because of the presence of Precambrian artifacts. The one thing I did not know that my research turned up, was the fact that the highest peak in the state of Missouri is an old dormant volcano!

Central and North America / United States / Missouri
Taum Sauk Caldera

[link to www.satelliteview.org]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP