Users Online Now: 2,336 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,414,862
Pageviews Today: 2,362,489Threads Today: 943Posts Today: 16,817
10:04 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Take a seat glp, we need to talk. About ceaseless misunderstandings.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I want to address two issues I see getting batted around in EVERY thread with the word 'God' in it. People should debate, IMO, but if we can eliminate some pointless errors, maybe ground can be gained.

1) " Christians need to stop throwing their bibles at me, being arrogant snots, and letting priests molest children" God, where to start..There are Catholics, Lutherans, SDAs, mormons, JWs and many, many more flavours to this baskin robbins of know-it-alls. Then, there are 'Christians'. Finally, like me, people who believe wholeheartedly in Jesus Christ, accept grace, receive the Holy Spirit, and submit their will and time to Him. I care nothing for prepackaged idealology enforced by one set of beliefs. Christ never suggested it.

Aethists, when you 'define' "Christians" by the chracteristics of one sect, you wear your ignorance like a crown. Christ, and God never intended for men to take a gift, redefine it, rewrap it use it to get money. YES, organized religion is a poorly defined money making machine. You may not believe in God, but unless you're a shallow, narrow minded fool, you can envision the concept. Do you think your own parent gives birth to you so you can make money for them?

In summary, stop grouping true followers of God with the obviously corrupt factions dominating out there.
I keep seeing pathetically unfunny comments about 'the Christians doing this or that'. Comparing me to a Catholic is less accurate than selling fiberglass insulation in a cotton candy cone.

2) Once and for all, YES 'men' wrote scriptures, and the bible, BUT: The prophets and Apostoles were divinely inspired, by the Holy Spirit. I've had my proof that the Holy Spirit is real. I didn't get it by crossing my arms over my chest and discrediting what I cannot see. I'm spending no time here to convince you it is real, but I will say, ancient prophecies are manifesting daily, and accurately.
YES, the catholic church has screwed with the bible. Funny how the only really important parts survived even their wrath.
In summary, The Holy Bible was written with men's hands, but, they were guided by the Holy Spirit. If you don't believe in one, then don't bother mentioning the other. I can personally testify to the Holy Spirit, but those who stubbornly disagree even the possibility won't bother trying to see it. I'm not saying you have to believe me. I am saying the Word and the Spirit are one, so, if you think one is B.S., you'll think the same for the other. In such a case, just leave it out of your arguement, because you don't understand it. Aethists, nihlists and fools have PLENTY of people to speak for them. Please send the smart ones.

I would gladly elaborate, but I know 75% you don't like to read unless you see purty picksures. Likely the same group denying the Truth before bothering to really try and understand it.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP