Users Online Now: 1,797 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 463,910
Pageviews Today: 734,857Threads Today: 305Posts Today: 4,501
08:02 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Intermittant fasting. An easy way to stay healthy.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Hi all. I have been on an intermittant fasting "diet" for some time now. In this time I have lost a lot of fat (not weight) and built more muscle. I feel good and have energy. I am working out a lot and have grown in both physique and fitness. The only way I have been able to do this is by fasting. I have tried every diet and food program out there, worked out like a mad man and nothing has worked. Untill one day I read some very interesting facts about fasting and got on a 24 hour intermittant fasting diet. Actually, it's not a diet, it is now more of a lifestyle change and it has benifitted me greatly. This is the way our ancestors lived and ate. They hunted and gathered in the daytime and feasted at night.

Now, some of you might be thinkin, "No! It will slow down your metabolism and your body will go into starvation mode! Stop!" To this I reply, nonsense. Every single thing you have been told is a lie. From "eat five meals a day" to "fasting will eat muscle". It's all nonsense. None of it is based in scientific fact, it's all just spread by dietritions and nutritionists who want to sell you their "special" products for weightloss and health. Don't buy it.

Fasting is one of the most healthy things a human being, or any living creature for that matter, can do. The benifits are overwhelming. You have more energy, think more clearly, sleep better, lose weight fast but the healthy way, your body handles insulin better, you have lower blood pressure, your digestive system rests and recovers, it weakens cancer cells and it's easy to make the lifestyle change.

If you are interested on getting started and giving it a go here are some tips. On Monday night, eat one big meal. You can also eat your one big meal in the afternoon if it better suits you. I personally eat my meal between 5 and 7 in the afternoon every night and that time is actually reccomended, just make sure you eat around the same time every night. Make sure to eat a wide variety of fruits, veggies, protiens (very important if you are active) and fats. Tey to cut out things such as bread for better results in the weight loss area, it comes down to choice really. After that meal you eat nothing for the next 24 hours. By nothing, I mean absolutely NOTHING. No sweets, no gum, no fruits, no milk. Nothing. You should drink LOT'S of water and make sure you are well hydrated. When the 24 hours are up you eat as much as you can possibly fit in yourself without bursting. Then fast untill the next night. It's just that simple. The first 3 weeks will be hell as your body adjusts. You will fell tired and hungry and will most likely suffer slight headaches. This is becuase our bodies are so used to having easy access to food and the switch is foreign to it. After those first few weeks your body will adjust and you will start feeling great. You will notice quick weight loss. If you work out be sure to do it right before eating. This way your body can put the food directly into recovering muscle tissue. I personally drink soft drinks and soda such as Pepsi and Coke during the day. Not much though. These are not "solid" liqueds such as milk or juice and do not stimilate digestion as much so you can do this too. Just make sure to drink one glass of water of the same size with each non-water drink. Basically, if you want to drink Pepsi or green tea, you have to drink a glass of water first.

Once you get into it you will never feel the need to go back. You will not even have an appetite in the daytime later on. I hope that all those who give it a shot find great success and feel good. Cheers.

Here are some links about the subject of fasting and how good it is both for health and fitness/weight loss:

[link to www.leangains.com]

[link to www.allaboutfasting.com]

[link to serendip.brynmawr.edu]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP