Users Online Now: 2,084 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 436,089
Pageviews Today: 730,541Threads Today: 291Posts Today: 4,657
09:38 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Mysterious Booms in Clintonville,WI Explained. Failed North American Craton Rift is Opening Up. Post any BOOMS heard,in region, here.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This is the thread I posted a while back;

Thread: Is The North American Craton moving again? There is evidence to suggest it has come to life. Details inside.

This is what I think is going on in Clintonville,WI;

I think I found the culprit. Look at the "Cutaway to the Craton" picture in this link;

[link to www.mnh.si.edu]

Excerpt;

Throughout much of the central United States, younger sedimentary rocks conceal the craton. But in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota — as well as throughout much of Canada — it is well-exposed.

If you notice in the picture, the failed North American Craton rift runs right through Wisconsin and right through the town of Clintonville. IMHO it is most likely starting to crack in sections under Clintonville, Wisconsin explaining the sounds these folks are hearing. They say the sound is coming from underneath their feet and not too far down. Well if you read above, in that area of Clintonville, the craton is well exposed and not very deep.

This must be the cause of these mysterious booms and shake. The North American Craton has been showing signs of movement in recent years. Here is a thread I started that shows just what I am saying here;

Thread: Is The North American Craton moving again? There is evidence to suggest it has come to life. Details inside.

Multimedia Version;

[link to www.mnh.si.edu]
Choose multimedia version, Then choose Plate Tectonics and Volcanoes, then choose The Ancient Continent. Go through the steps there you see the rift and Craton is right under Wisconsin and particularly Clintonville,WI.

If you notice the shape of the North American Craton, you can see that it borders states that have had an increase in seismic activity. Like VA, CO, TX, AR etc...

1.1 Billion Years Ago – A Near Rift

North America narrowly escaped a fate that has befallen other continents: splitting apart, or rifting. About 1.1 billion years ago, from what is now Kansas to the shores of Lake Superior, the craton began to split. Had this rifting continued, North America would have become two continents separated by a new ocean basin. But after 20 million years, the rifting ceased. The failed rift is 2,000-km (1,200-mi) long. Huge volumes of basaltic magma welled up, creating a stack of igneous rocks 25-km (15.5-mi) thick. Their strong magnetic signals enabled scientists to determine the extent of the rift.

Has this rifting woken up? That is the question here and from these reports it is my opinion that it probably has. Big changes are coming.

The North American Craton is on the move again. That area of Wisconsin is right on top of the failed RIFT. That area is going to sink onto itself when that rift decides to open up, which in this case appears to be doing so. These sounds are the 1st indicators of such.

Namaste.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP