Users Online Now: 2,413 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,880,357
Pageviews Today: 2,604,776Threads Today: 636Posts Today: 12,107
08:00 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject What IS this? I planted a sprig, 7 yrs later I have THIS - pics inside.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Need some help here, y'all ~

Approx 7 yrs ago I planted a sprig (no more than 8" tall and barely more than the width of a pencil lead) in a 10" pot.

It grew, and a couple years later I re-planted it into the back yard when we built our house.

Today, it is what you see here. About 5 yrs old.

The loblolly pines behind it are approx 6 yrs old, 15-18+ feet tall.

The tree has bloomed for about 3 yrs now, pale red/deep pink buds approx 5mm, they bloom into white "cherry blossom" looking flowers, early in Spring then blossoms fall from the tree (still in full bloom - they don't shrivel) very quickly - almost all at once! - within about 2 weeks of 1st bloom- every year so far.

There are 'fruit-looking' very small berry-sized ovoids approx 4-6 mm on the tree even after the blooms fall away, last year & this year (2011 & 2012) (2nd & 3rd yrs of blossom blooms)

I've heard "Japanese Cherry" (its not) "ornamental Pear" (its not) but damn...what izzit?!

All input is appreciated - hope someone can set me straight on this.

Thank You for your effort heart

Here are some pics:
:mystrytree: :bloomz: :wuddizzit:
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP