Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to channels.netscape.com]

Ew! Look What Was Found in Folgers

A woman from Ainsworth, Iowa had the shock of her life when she dipped into a 2-pound bag of Folgers Classic Roast Coffee and found a dead baby turtle nestled in the coffee grinds.

The Associated Press and KCRG-TV9 News in Cedar Rapids report that Marjorie Morris, 77, found the dead turtle last Sunday in a bag of coffee she had been using for a month. "I thought it was a toy at first," she told AP. In a more colorful statement to KCRG, she said, "I could see like a hard spot like a rock or something. I thought I´ve got to find out what it is. So, I pulled it out and that´s when I found Mr. Turtle."

While Morris said she doesn´t plan to file a lawsuit against Folgers, a customer service representative whom Morris called on Monday summarily dismissed her find, blaming it on Hurricane Katrina. One of Folgers´ largest plants is in New Orleans. However, the official spokeswoman for Proctor & Gamble, which owns the Folgers brands, wasn´t quite so blithe, saying it´s too early to tell how the turtle got in the coffee. She said the incident would be investigated.

"It´s a responsibility of the company to check their shipments closer," Morris explained to AP. "It could be much more serious. It could´ve been a snake." She admitted she has temporarily switched to tea. "It´s safer because it´s in a bag," Morris told KCRG. Mr. Turtle is now resting in peace in Morris´ freezer. scream
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>