Users Online Now: 2,130 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 778,638
Pageviews Today: 1,369,149Threads Today: 450Posts Today: 9,379
01:41 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Suddenly had the urge to quit alcohol !!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I've enjoyed alcohol for 24 years now. When I was younger I'd get be silly with it and get drunk but as I matured I would simply enjoy a glass or two of wine or a beer on a summers day etc etc.

Never really thought of any health implications or worried much about my intake.

Anyway, on the 17th March as I sipped the last of my Merlot I thought about getting in some other types of wine the next day ready for the arrival of my In-Laws from America next month..

I woke on the 18th and suddenly felt an overwhelming urge while in the alcohol aisle to give up. The next day (Monday) I still felt the same... I asked my husband if he wanted me to get him some beer for that evening as he was having friends round and to my shock he said "I don't fancy any if you don't"

HE LOVES his beer and would have a couple of cans every night!!...

Anyway, we haven't touched a drop since and have no urge to. We had a BBQ on Sunday and we drank juice!! This is unheard of for us as we would usually have a few beers and I'd share wine with my friend.. she had the wine to herself and even she was puzzled why I didn't fancy any.

I don't know if my 'vibe' influenced him or not but we haven't been discussing giving up much... maybe last year before my op we said we should cut down but it seems odd that we have both suddenly simply lost the desire.

Anyone else have this happen?

Another thing... since giving up I have noticed that my usual 4 hour a night sleep is more like 6 hours a night... I'm still shocked about that as I haven't slept longer than 4 hours a night for YEARS!

Mishka xx
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP