Users Online Now: 1,290 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 305,591
Pageviews Today: 482,708Threads Today: 175Posts Today: 2,996
05:18 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The ethnic distribution of gun violence (95% black and Hispanic) in New York City (29% Hispanic, 26% black)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Jonathan Capehart runs into NYC's top cop and discovers what any New Yorker knows from accounts of relatives and friends being robbed. Stats are available from the following NYC government website:
[link to www.nyc.gov]
I ran into Police Commissioner Ray Kelly last week while dining at a favorite breakfast joint in New York. Since I still read the Daily News and the New York Post, I asked him about the increase in crime that I'd read about. He assured me that the bad old days in the Big Apple weren't returning. But he did rattle off a set of worrisome crime statistics that have him concerned and left me speechless. If New York City were a murder and shooting gallery, almost all of the targets would be African American and Latino.

Check out these statistics from the "Crime and Enforcement Activity in New York City" report for the first six months of 2010.

Murder and Non-Negligent Manslaughter victims are most frequently Black (67.0%) or Hispanic (28.1%). White victims account for (3.2%) of all Murder and Non-Negligent Manslaughter victims while Asian/Pacific Islanders account for (1.8%) of all Murder and Non-Negligent Manslaughter victims.

The Murder and Non-Negligent Manslaughter arrest population is similarly distributed. Black arrestees (53.8%) and Hispanic arrestees (36.4%) account for the majority of Murder and Non-Negligent Manslaughter arrestees while White arrestees (7.1%) and Asian/Pacific Islander (2.2%) arrestees account for the remaining portions of the Murder and Non-Negligent Manslaughter arrest population.

Shooting victims are most frequently Black (73.8%) or Hispanic (22.1 %). White victims account for an additional (2.6%) of all Shooting victims while Asian/Pacific Islanders victims account for (1.2%) of all Shooting Victims.

The Shooting arrest population is similarly distributed. Black arrestees (70.9%) and Hispanic arrestees (25.8%) account for the majority of Shooting arrest population. White arrestees (2.5%) and Asian/Pacific Islander (0.9%) account for the remaining portion of the Shooting arrest population.

In short, 95.1 percent of all murder victims and 95.9 percent of all shooting victims in New York City are black or Hispanic. And 90.2 percent of those arrested for murder and 96.7 percent of those arrested for shooting someone are black and Hispanic. I don't even know where to begin to describe the horror I still feel looking at those numbers. But the word "hunted" comes to mind.

This black aristocrat/journalist then says it gives him the feeling of being hunted. What this guy doesn't seem to get is that the perps and victims both live in poor areas. And many of the victims and perps are gang members tussling for territory. Every time black elites call for a loosening of punishments for law-breaking, the deterrent effect of the justice system suffers, and it's poor people of all colors who take it on the chin, because they can't just move to wealthy areas where they're not cheek-to-jowl with violent street criminals.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP