Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject All Gone To Look For America
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Everyone has there own interpretation of the following song.
I used to listen to it in the seventies whenever we traveled.

[link to www.youtube.com]

I listened to it again today only because I had a dream set in an apocalyptic world where my sons came up to me wearing survival gear, sporting backpacks and I asked them, "where are you going?".

They said, "we are going to look for America" and I found myself asking "where is America?"

As a Christian, I've always felt a detachment from this world as my hope and belief is in the new world to come.

But today I felt a deep sadness in my soul for America and its future generation.

It was quite disturbing.

America as we know it continues to slip away.

Division is destroying us.

The corrupt political system continues to take away our freedom.

Most American citizens have become complacent thus making it easier for the stage to be set for the grand takeover.

It appears that the ones who do fight for what they believe is right--are wrong.

Who do you think said the following words?

"What is that American promise? It's a promise that says each of us has the freedom to make of our own lives what we will, but that we also have obligations to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Our government should work for us, not against us. It should help us, not hurt us. It should ensure opportunity not just for those with the most money and influence, but for every American who's willing to work."

That came from our President's acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention in 2008.

And remember these words from the First Lady?

“Let me tell you something. For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country, because it feels like hope is making a comeback.”

Well, I reply by saying

"For the first time in my adult life, I question whether I want to continue living in this country. I don't recognize it any longer. I have lost my hope for ever feeling any pride because of what it has become. I am concerned for our children's future and their safety. I am hurting. Where are you America?"

I know that I must continue to instill in my children the belief that America is still better than other countries but it is so hard to do when I'm having a hard time believing it myself.

Actually, I'm going to bed now, I'm weary.

Maybe I'll find America in my dreams.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP