Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject GOP War on Caterpillars!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message For anyone NOT on Twitter today....you missed on a brilliant afternoon of crazy tweeting. For those on Twitter - you were probably swamped with #GOPWarOnCaterpillar tweets all afternoon...or at least saw one or two.

Go here:

[link to twitter.com (secure)]

and have a read. At one point it was the #3 trending topic in the world. Some very funny and pointed posts.

A quick summary is that it all started with this article:
[link to jezebel.com]

The RNC chairman equated the "so-called" war on women was like saying the GOP had a war on caterpillars.

Then it just exploded...

Read John Scalzi's blog about the twitter blitz (he started it!).

[link to whatever.scalzi.com]

I've read that Rachel Maddow covered it today (I'll be watching the re-air at midnight). And don't roll your eyes...this is NOT an MSNBC thing. They just seem to be the first to glom onto the story (and I don't know what she said).

I'm thinking that by the next news cycle - it will be picked up by everyone. I mean come on... a war on caterpillars? How can they not grab it. The question is whether they GET it or try to spin it as people actually thinking there IS a war on Caterpillars.

Oh wait....there is actually a war on caterpillars:
[link to www.theatlantic.com]

But it's not the same war as the one on Twitter. It's a different one.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP