Users Online Now: 2,168 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,522,268
Pageviews Today: 2,529,927Threads Today: 1,011Posts Today: 18,003
11:33 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Obama confuses sorrow with doubt and fear in an oddly disturbing Bible interpretation
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Here is what I don't get. The quote Obama is discussing here is from Mark 14:34 and it says Jesus was sorrowful but nowhere does Jesus express doubt or fear but that is what Obama claims. I think Obama is projecting his own fear and doubt onto Jesus where there is none and never was any.

King James
And saith unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful unto death: tarry ye here, and watch.

International Version
"My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death," he said to them. "Stay here and keep watch."

scratching

At an Easter Prayer Breakfast he hosted for Christian clergy at the White House on Wednesday, President Barack Obama said Jesus “knew doubt” and had “doubts"

“For like us, Jesus knew doubt,” Obama said. “Like us, Jesus knew fear. In the garden of Gethsemane, with attackers closing in around him, Jesus told His disciples, ‘my soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death.’”

[link to visiontoamerica.org]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP