Users Online Now: 2,107 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,689,416
Pageviews Today: 2,336,616Threads Today: 580Posts Today: 10,742
06:10 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Spring and lawn mowers in the burbs..it's crazy, mad noise pollution!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Hope I am not being a spring grouch. Spring has sprung and neighbors are mowing their lawns every other day! I kid you not. Even at these high gas prices!
It is impossible to hear the chirping of the birds, the rustle of the wind and leaves, the laughter of children playing outside, or to just sit quietly and read, meditate, or take a walk, whatever. All you can hear is one lawn mower after next. And as soon as the grass grows a tiny bit it starts all over, again. It is like a war against nature.

I have a theory on this: People have much to take care of in the inside (their homes and their affairs and inside their minds) but don't want to, so this is an easy escape and gives an outward impression to their neighbors that all is well.

Leave the grass alone people, save gas, just do it when necessary and attend to your other junk: mend relationships, learn that language or software you meant to, apply for that job you are interested in, clean your closets, clean your garage, make a plan for finances, weight loss...whatever. It will pay off much more than the grass clippings you scattered around. Hope I am not being a spring grouch.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP