Users Online Now: 2,263 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 2,727
Pageviews Today: 5,690Threads Today: 4Posts Today: 49
12:03 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject SERVE on Jury Duty lately? It's hell. Pure hell.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I have, and it was a glimpse of hell on earth.

If I could revoke my voter registration and never have to go through that again, I would, but I'm told they now pull DMV records for jury pools, so unless I'm willing to give up driving, I may get called again.

Can someone explain *WHY* when the thugs of the world commit a crime, I'm sentenced to be locked up in a municipal building for several days until the crime is resolved in some way?

We were told that,

1) If we did not show up for jury duty, we would be jailed.
2) If we left during our time of municipal-building-lock-up, we would be found out and jailed.

Just how is that "voluntary service"?

Here in the south, you're parked in a small room with five televisions blaring and no escape. There are no cell phones allowed, no cameras, no iPods, no iPads, no laptops, no nothing.

Not a prayer of reading a book, because of the five televisions going full blast all day long.

It really is ugly.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP