Users Online Now: 1,914 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,078,212
Pageviews Today: 1,802,876Threads Today: 735Posts Today: 12,238
06:26 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Do you think it's a good thing to have drug-sniffing dogs in our public high schools?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Here is a link and the beginning of an article that I just read on my local newspapers's website. I live in Rochester, MN and newspaper is called the Post-Bulliten. Although I'm not too surprised to be reading this, I am a bit disappointed.

[link to www.postbulletin.com]

Rochester Public Schools has a new weapon in its arsenal to keep illegal drugs out of schools. His name is Chase, a Belgian Malinois whose nose is so keen that it can detect the scent of a narcotic an hour after it has been removed from a can.

The Rochester school district for the first time plans to use Chase and other drug-sniffing canines to prevent and keep illegal drugs out of its three high schools.

"I guess my message to students is: We don't want drugs in our schools," Rochester Police Sgt. Mike Drees, who oversee the department's K-9 unit, told the Rochester School Board at Tuesday's meeting. "If we have to have drugs somewhere, go back to the dark alleys and dark corners and hide where police officers are trained to locate you."

In my opinion, this is just another sign of TPTB trying to normalize this sort of thing.

What do you think?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP