Users Online Now: 2,239 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 677,965
Pageviews Today: 1,186,689Threads Today: 505Posts Today: 8,445
02:10 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I work in Fast Food. I've noticed differences between black people and white people who come through
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This is coming from me, a biracial guy (half white/half black), and my personal experiences in working fast food.

Our drink options are: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Root Beer, Dr. Pepper, Hi-C Fruit Punch, and Light Lemonade.

- Majority of black people order Hi-C Fruit Punch.
- Majority of white people order Coke/Diet Coke.

The rest of the drink options are a random toss up between the few that don't fit into the majority.

We also carry a few non-fountain drink options: Sweet tea and Un-sweet tea.

- Majority of black people who order tea order sweet tea. In fact, I can only recall two black people, in the time that I've worked there (and I always work drive-thru where the majority of the people come), order un-sweet tea.

- Majority of white people order Un-sweet tea. Although, there is more leeway within the white fast food test subjects in their selection between sweet or un-sweet tea.

Easiness of orders: (Despite the fact that anyone can be rather irritating)

- White people: Seem to be able to order more quickly and more precisely. Tend to say "Thank you" more often. Tend to complain less, and, if they do, they seem more reluctant as a sign of respect to not make a big deal of something petty. Although, are more likely to not come back if we forget a pretty obvious item; such as a drink with the combo. White people have a more pleasant ordering voice (and this makes a difference when you've had a slew of rude orders). I always feel more appreciation from white people compared to black people.

- Black people: Slow, slow, slow orderers! You may think that I'm racist but, after many encounters I have had in fast food, these are the conclusions I have made from the majority of orders I have taken. Sometimes I sense that they are intentionally taking their time just because they know they can. Also, they ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS change their order. Here is a typical conversation I have with them:
Black customer: "I'll have number...........................................................................​......Fo---Fi--NO! number 8 combo. WAIT. I'll just go ahead and get number 4 combo."
Me: "Alright, what size would you--"
Black customer: "NO! Scratch that. Keep the number 8 combo!"
Me: "O..ok. What size?"
Black customer: "Small."
Me:"What kind of drink would you like?"
Black customer: "Fruit punch"
Me:"Anything else?"
Black customer:" Um...............................................................................​....................................................... (1 minute later I hear them on the cell phone talking about something unrelated to ordering)......."
Me: "H-hello?"
Black customer: "Yeah that's it!
"Me: "Okay, your total comes to $7.56, thank you!"
Black customer:"$7.56?!?! Hell no, lemme just get your dollar menu chicken sandwhich and value fries, and that'll be all for me (they pull up without me even giving them their total)"

Black guys mumble too much. I'm constantly asking them to repeat themselves. When I ask them to repeat themselves they immediately assume I just said, "Fuck your mom!" and get all pissy. Other times, they won't even TRY to speak louder or more clearly. Then when their order comes out wrong they get pissed off. The women ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have something wrong with their food. Our fries will have just came up and they'll honk their horn and say they want fresh fries. The meat doesn't taste right. Their soda doesn't taste right. Their fries are too salty. Their fries aren't salty enough. The sandwich bun doesn't taste right. Their chicken nugget are cold. Their chicken nuggets don't taste fresh enough. The list goes on. This goes on all night for 8 hrs, and by the time the night is over I'm ready to jump off of a cliff.

If they order a shitload of food, they will sit at the window and open every single sandwich and inspect it while there is a line of cars behind them. I rarely witness a white person complaining about their fries. Our fries are usually always fresh, so no wonder. It is like black people are never satisfied. If they order a flavored tea (that we make with un-sweet tea) they will complain that the tea isn't sweet enough.

This is only grazing the surface, if I told you everything you would be mentally worn.

What validates my experiences even more is that my manager, whom is a black man married to a black woman, agrees with me completely. He's a preacher and he's always talking about how difficult black people are. His famous line is, "Who's holding up the line? You already know!"
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP