Users Online Now: 1,976 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 990,903
Pageviews Today: 1,809,654Threads Today: 593Posts Today: 13,345
05:42 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Bread and Becquerels , Living the Daily Doom in Japan with This New Routines of the Technologically Advanced Radioactive Society , a Must Read !
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to www.japantimes.co.jp]

Bread and becquerels .

You want to experience Doom right now ? Start living in Japan .

This brilliant writer , Gianni Simone , is introducing us to the New Routines of a Radioactive nation .

You ought to go to the web site to see the photo ( that I could not copy here ) and see the honest comment on a T-shirt about TEPCO = Tokyo Electric Power Company that owns and operates Fukushima and most of the Japanese reactors .

Also , I could not copy the whol;e article here , please visit the Original .

[link to www.japantimes.co.jp]

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bread and becquerels : a year of living dangerously
Nuclear disaster has turned family routine on its head

By GIANNI SIMONE

" ..... I began to suspect something was wrong when I heard about groups of parents who were organizing in the Kanto region to put pressure on the government and local authorities to come clean about the true extent of radioactive contamination from the accident. ... " .

" ... Looking back at the life my family used to lead before that fateful Friday afternoon — when the earthquake ruined the pizza party I was enjoying with friends — it's frightening how much it has changed.

For one thing, there's my daily diet. All of a sudden spinach and other risky foods are out, while apples are in. We have also added apple pectin to our diet because it helps sweep out radioactive dust particles from the intestines (apparently it was used extensively after the Chernobyl disaster).

We now know stuff we did not really care about before. We feel like last year we took a crash course in science (e.g. cesium, strontium and plutonium's half-lives, and their effects of the human body), technology (how to use and read a Geiger counter) and history (how the triad of national government, bureaucracy and industry ruthlessly imposed nuclear energy as the fuel source of choice, and later launched a wide-ranging construction program that over the years has turned Japan into the world's third nuclear power).

Indeed, keeping out of reach of the long arms of nuclear death, or even trying to limit the damage, is a 24/7 job. Wearing masks and brushing our clothes after coming home have become as natural as washing our hands or taking a shower..... " .

More shocking disclosure in the story
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP