Users Online Now: 2,276 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,240,694
Pageviews Today: 2,071,431Threads Today: 848Posts Today: 14,785
07:48 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject 9 year old Colorado boy says he was suspended for standing up to bully who was attacking him, punched him in face
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message A 9-year-old Colorado boy claims he was suspended from his elementary school after fighting back against a bully who was beating him.

Nathan Pemberton, a third-grader at West Elementary School in Colorado Springs, was suspended Tuesday following a physical altercation with another student, Fox affiliate KDVR-TV reported.

"One kid kicked me in the back, then punched me in the face. Then I punched him in the face and then I got in trouble," the boy told the station.

"The school had told us and told him as well, just walk away. Walk away, find a teacher," Pemberton said. "Well, when those things happened, and he did find a teacher, there was hardly any repercussions."

More at : [link to www.foxnews.com]

A school spokesperson told FOX31 Denver in a statement the district has a “no tolerance student discipline policy. If a student is involved in a physical altercation on school property, they are automatically suspended.”

It goes on to say, “District 11 schools employ many anti-bullying teaching techniques … and none of these methods include violence or retaliation.”

More [link to kdvr.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP