Users Online Now: 2,146 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 839,502
Pageviews Today: 1,104,893Threads Today: 268Posts Today: 4,085
09:19 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject First post here, can any one tell me if this is lens dust?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message So I was taking some pictures a while ago with my camera and after I uploaded them to my computer I noticed something strange.

Do you guys think this is lens dust?

IMAGE ( [link to i699.photobucket.com] )

This is the original image before I adjusted the brightness and contrast.

I handheld the shot so the moon moved a little and also whatever star or planet is to left of it. The anomaly can barely be seen until you zoom in and you notice it. I researched all over the net and I have never seen lens dust producing light the way it was here. Also, even if I had an element in my lens such as dirt or lint, I still don't understand how that would cause the object to change color and have light. I was thinking it could be a star but it is very strange that for such a short exposure I could get all brightness out of it...
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP