Users Online Now: 2,130 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 495,158
Pageviews Today: 846,663Threads Today: 368Posts Today: 5,687
10:53 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Christians: We are not under the law of the Old Testament....................
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message There seems to be some confusion about whether or not the OT is to be followed. A testament is a will or a covenant. We still use the word today when we speak of a person's "last will and testament." These names indicate that the Bible is composed of two wills of God an old will and a new will.

The change in wills is discussed in the letter to the Hebrews. In Hebrews 1:1-2, the author says, "God after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world." God has changed the manner in which he directs his people. This change was told in Jeremiah 31:31-34: "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD.

The OT is still a part of our bibles because it contains examples for us so that we will not be caught unaware and make the same mistakes that the Israelites made we find that the Old Law(OT) is our teacher to bring us to Christ. Now that Christ has come we are no longer under it. We see that we can learn from the examples found in the Old Testament but when we must determine what God would have us to do today, we must turn to his current will which is the NT.

[link to www.gotquestions.org]

churchlady
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP