Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I think I'm a Moontard :(
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Ok, this is weird.

So, some info on why I've come to this conclusion.

I work early shifts, which means I have to get up just before 5am and go to work. Which means I'm in bed no later than 11pm.

So, before bed. I go out to smoke a cig on my balcony. Probably no later than 10:45pm (latest!).

The view from my balcony, as I step out on to it is, straight forwards is a block of flats and to my right (ca. 60-90 degrees right) another block of flats.

Earlier this week, must have been monday, I went out to smoke a cig, latest it could have been is 10:45pm, as mentioned earlier. The moon was clearly visible over the roof top of the block of flats to the RIGHT of me. Today (Friday), as I write this (10:10pm) the moon is not to be seen over the flats IN FRONT of me! Although I can see the light aura of the moon, the actual moon is not yet to be seen. Why was it to be seen fully, over the roof tops to my right earlier in the week, just 35 mins later max? I can't believe that the moon could travel that amount of sky space, from looking forwards to looking to my right in just that amount of time.

Another episode that really made me think and made me closer to posting this is, that my wife comes home from work at 9:15pm. She came home, again probably tuesday or wednesday, and as she was taking her coat and shoes off I said lets go have a smoke on the balcony. I remember without a doubt, that as we smoked, I was constantly looking at the nearly full moon, which was fully up over the flats to the front of us! That must have been around 9:20pm. So why the hell isn't it to be seen at after 10pm? And why was it to be seen fully over the flats to the right of me at latest 10:45pm earlier in the week?

Update: Just gone out for another smoke (10:30pm) Moon still not fully to be seen over the flats to the front of me :)
I'm a new MOONTARD and lovin' it!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>