Users Online Now: 2,032 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,590,221
Pageviews Today: 2,192,214Threads Today: 529Posts Today: 9,824
05:07 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Elevated Potential For Earthquake Caused By Asteroids May 9-11th....?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message First, let me say that this is my first time trying this. Over the past few weeks, I have taken notice of the user "TheTruthWorker" and his activities that appear to be realted to electric/electrostatic phenomenon involving asteroids. Once I was able to figure out how to use NASA's jpl data combined with a USGS database (which I'll admit took me a while this afternoon), I wanted to try something different. Rather than just looking for upcoming asteroids and comparing THEIR past orbits with earthquakes, I decided to employ the tactic of picking the dates of random earthquakes years in the past...many from over 5 years ago, and going onto JPL to see if a rock passed near that date. Once I found a rock the did pass around the time of the quake, I would then run a check to see if it had any other hits...even further in the past. By doing this, I was able to search for incidences that have nothing to do with any of the asteroids that thetruthworker has ben using recently. I did this because, I honestly wanted to be sure this theory at least kind of holds water before I went about devoting large amounts of time to working out "Future events"

I am surprised at what I came up with. Over the course of eleven months of data (I used the year 2003), I was able to find 14 asteroids that sync up with at least 2 different earthquakes in the past (as in 1 quake in x year, then another y years later). Of the 14, 2 matched up with 3 quakes, and one even came up with 4 passes within 2 days of an earthquake. *It is asteroid 2011FT53 just in case you're curious to know*. I don't know what the odds of that are over 4 seperate orbits and furthermore, I really don't know how you'd even calculate them.

Anyway, when I finally did apply the method to the upcoming NEO's, I came up with 5/10/2012 +/- a day.

1998HE3 will pass at about .032 au on the 10th. When it passed at about .053 au on May 10th 1998, there was a magnitude 6+ on the 8th, and another one on the 12th.

2012JA will pass at about .048 au. There was a magnitude 5.6 in India when it passed at about .059 au on August 14th 1966.

Even though neither of these two asteroids have duplicated a pattern of two or more EQ hits, I think the fact that both are coming in on the same day and at roughly the same (or closer) distances at which they flew by during times with quakes in the past really makes it a bet that one will hit.

I give it 80% or better from May 9-11th, and 95% or better during the 8th-12th.

Thoughts?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP