Users Online Now: 2,164 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 996,779
Pageviews Today: 1,661,960Threads Today: 670Posts Today: 11,965
04:31 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Update 06/16/12!Ron Paul and the Future of the Revolution!!!!!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Everyone associated with this movement needs to see this. First let me start by saying, Im a five year Paul supporter member of this libertarian movement. Also, helped to vote Rand into the US senate.

I keep seeing all these, "Ron Paul is going to win the nomination", threads. Hate to be the bubble buster, but No he is not. He has never claimed he would win, only that we are in a fight to secure as many delegates as possible, to have a voice at the convention to set the platform. Which is a major step from four years ago. Our movement is fighting a war to return the republican party to its conservative roots. This is just another battle in that war. The movement must continue after this nominating process is over. Im sure Dr. Paul would agree with me in that, this isnt about him, its about the movement he created. We must carry on after this is over. Which brings me to the point.

You need to stop getting peoples hopes up, setting them up for a big letdown. Paul supporters need to understand exactly whats going on here and what it means. We are changing the party one election process at a time. If the movement continues past this campaign, we have a real chance of winning the nomination in four years. With a new standard bearer of course. Dr. Pauls age would prevent another serious run. However Dr. Rand Paul is young, energetic, and already has name recognition.

In conclusion, I know what a lot of you are going to say. "Why give up now". Im not saying give up. Im saying absolutely, fight and claw for every delegate that we can get, the more the better. But dont set up members of the movement who dont really understand the goal of all of this, to become disheartened and give up the cause. We are winning in our own way, even without the nomination. We should be proud of the strides we have made, and continue fighting battles until inevitably we WILL WIN THIS WAR!!!!

I must add to the ending now. Paul has officially conceded that he can not be nominated. Rand has endorsed Romney, and became a player on the national scene. For all intents and purposes Rand is the new leader of our movement. After, Romney is defeated in November, we must work even harder than we did in the previous election cycles. 2016 can and will be the year that we take back the republican party from the neo-cons, and bring true constitutional principles. Back to the White House. Rand Paul 2016.

Update:06/16/2012

[link to hosted.ap.org]

Ron Pauls candidacy has ended. But the revolution lives on.

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Ron Paul has given up on becoming president. Yet supporters still clinging to the slim-to-none hope of nominating the libertarian-leaning congressman could complicate Mitt Romney's goal of a peaceful GOP national convention.

Paul backers have been taking over state Republican conventions in places like Nevada and Maine and plan to do the same in Iowa on Saturday in their effort to carry his banner to the national convention in Tampa, Fla.

Supporters say they hope to promote Paul's conservative principles that have sparked a loyal following of young voters and tea party activists by flooding ballots for the convention and urging changes to the party platform.

Since Paul's unsuccessful 2008 candidacy for the GOP nomination, his top organizers have set about working within the party's structure to gain influence, all with the hope of bending it toward principles he espouses: smaller government, sound monetary policy and a limited international military presence.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP