Users Online Now: 2,128 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,089,867
Pageviews Today: 1,968,900Threads Today: 874Posts Today: 15,149
10:14 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Tim Burton's Johnny Depp- Dark Shadows WTF?!!?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Ok W......T......F [!]

I've just seen the trailer for Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp. Its a fucking COMEDY!?!?! Burton SUCKS now!

Dark Shadows may have been campy and cheaply produced, but it was actually a pretty good horror soap. It wasn't meant to be broadly comedic exactly... It had a lot of occult truths in it that only those who've experienced would know.

Tim Burton ruined Alice in Wonderland too. I took my friend to see that one (he never read the book) TRUSTING that Burton would do it justice as a dark, Victorian nightmare in which a child.... a CHILD[!!] undergoes a series of incredibly violent and disturbing experiences.

Instead, I shamefully watched as Burton turned it into a DISNEY-fest complete with a hip-hop dancing Johnny Depp 1dunno1 and a story lifted directly from Pride and Prejudice wtf And the characters were all different too..not to mention STUPID as HELL!!

My friend was like: "That was the story?? It kind of sucked" I had explained to him what a cool and disturbing story it was, I begged him to read the book and see how different it was, but of course he was turned off to it from the film and didn't believe me.

And this is exactly what Burton was ordered to do by his Disney SLAVE MASTERS, and it mirrors everything that's wrong with our society today. Along with destroying creativity, the old classics must also be destroyed for newer generations who will never read/see the originals, believing that what they see in the theatre is the actual story.

Its horrible. I was excited to see Dark Shadows, and even encouraged my boyfriend to watch it with me, but I'm so glad I saw the trailer because I'll be saving my money on this one. Burton has lost it. He's owned by the DISNEY Corporation like everything else.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP