Users Online Now: 1,313 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 402,789
Pageviews Today: 646,124Threads Today: 185Posts Today: 3,235
06:56 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Guns: Open carry of firearms in Oklahoma is now law! Yes, finally! Are you a mouse or man?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Give your opinions on this.

Personally I think this is a good thing, not for the obvious but for the reason that it gets rid of some of the scary concealed carry problems. You ask what probs, well, like accidentally exposing you have a weapon was a crime before. Now, I can walk around like anyone else and if I happen to expose, no big deal. That's the difference between jail, and freedom.

Go Oklahoma! I knew there had to be some reason I was living here.

Any of you weenies that hate firearms would love to have someone on your side with one if you were ever in trouble. This is one step more for the legality of law abiding citizens to not only own but carry them and defend themselves, family, and friends. Criminals will always have superior strength if we allow them that. Arming the citizen brings defense within our grasp. It puts the criminal mind at unease.

There is responsibility along with this right. In fairness to The Constitution we have this right without applying for it, but we do have to understand that with this right comes responsibility. You abide the laws, and you become a person in trust of laws. If you decide to do this, you become a defender, not an offender, and you have to shift your mindset to that.

I should hope if any of you have, or intend to get their carry permit, then you look at it as a weight around your neck. You are now abliged to follow the rules, even moreso than your neighbor. This doesn't make you god, or a person of power, it makes you responsible, beyond all doubts for your actions. If you must do this, then realize it is a responsibility you are taking on. It is of course a freedom, but this one carries more responsibility than most any other.

Do not abuse it!

Gun control is citizen control.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP