Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Time Traveler Teaches You How to Learn a Foreign Language
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Do you want to learn a foreign language as quickly as possible?

Here is how.

1. Never learn just one word. Always learn that word in the shortest sentence possible.

2. Work with a native speaker or repeat what you hear on the Internet from a native speaker while acting out the verb phrase or holding the object of the noun phrase you are learning. For example, "I have a pen. I am writing with this pen." Actually write with it while saying it.

3. Learn these short sentences as a part of a theme. Going to a restaurant. Going to the hospital. Etc.

4. You'll want to master the pronouns with the verbs "be", "do", "have" and "want" in that order first. Then move on to greetings. Then to the simplest question sentences. In that order. All pronouns for each verb are learned in the same order. I, you, we, they, he, she, it. Don't change the order. Your memory will work more efficiently.

5. Have sets of index cards or an index list of short sentences, the phonetic pronunciation, and the alphabet or syllabary of the language you are learning.

6. Memorize the parts of the human body from top down. For example, "My head.", "My eyes.", "My ears." etc.

7. Then memorize verbs from top down. For example, "I think.", "I see.", "I hear./I listen."

8. When you stop having fun learning the language that day, stop and do something else for awhile until you want to go back to studying it.

9. Always review about 10 short sentences you studied your previous session before studying new sentences.

10. To order different languages, imagine you are in different rooms of a house with different colored wallpaper. French could be Blue, German black, Russian Red, Japanese White, etc...

Here is a good example of appropriate language material. YouTube or Pod-Casts are even better.
[link to www.russian.cc]

Always have fun and don't fear. We're going to get through all these immediate changes alive. My fellow Americans, if there was one foreign language I would recommend you use this method to study -- it would be Russian. There is a message in this for you.

putin
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP