Users Online Now: 1,258 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 347,469
Pageviews Today: 524,472Threads Today: 202Posts Today: 2,581
06:08 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Joel Osteen Says You're All Going To Heaven!!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Larry King: "Because we've had ministers on who said, your record don't count.  You either believe in Christ or you don't.  If you believe in Christ, you are, you are going to heaven.  And if you don't no matter what you've done in your life, you ain't."

Joel Osteen: "Yeah, I don't know.  There's probably a balance between. I believe you have to know Christ.  But I think that if you know Christ, if you're a believer in God, you're going to have some good works.  I think it's a cop-out to say I'm a Christian but I don't ever do anything..."

Larry King: "What if you're Jewish or Muslim, you don't accept Christ at all?"

Joel Osteen: "You know, I'm very careful about saying who would and wouldn't go to heaven.  I don't know..."

Larry King: "If you believe you have to believe in Christ?  They're wrong, aren't they?"

Joel Osteen: "Well, I don't know if I believe they're wrong.  I believe here's what the Bible teaches and from the Christian faith this is what I believe.  But I just think that only God with judge a person's heart.  I spent a lot of time in India with my father.  I don't know all about their religion.  But I know they love God.  And I don't know.  I've seen their sincerity.  So I don't know.  I know for me, and what the Bible teaches, I want to have a relationship with Jesus."

(Joel Osteen, "Larry King live," Aired June 20, 2005)

Note: Joel Osteen has just denied his calling as a pastor and a minister of Christ.  A man that cannot bring himself to say that Jesus is the only way to heaven should resign from the ministry (John 14:6; 1 Timothy 2:5; Acts 4:12).

Larry King: "But don't you think if people don't believe as you believe, they're somehow condemned?"

Joel Osteen: "You know, I think that happens in our society.  But I try not to do that.  I tell people all the time, preached a couple Sundays about it.  I'm for everybody.  You may not agree with me, but to me it's not my job to try to straighten everybody out.  The Gospel called the good news.  My message is a message of hope, that's God's for you. You can live a good life no matter what's happened to you.  And so I don't know.  I know there is condemnation but I don't feel that's my place."

Note: Jesus taught: "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.  And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil," John 3:18-19.

Larry King: "Is -- have you always believed?"

Joel Osteen: "I have always believed.  I grew up, you know, my parents were a good Christian people.  They showed us love in the home. My parents were the same in the pulpit as they were at home.  I think that's where a lot of preachers' kids get off base sometimes.  Because they don't see the same things at both places.  But I've always believed.  I saw it through my parents. And I just grew up believing."

Note: Joel says, "I've always believed."  That's impossible!  There has to have been a time in your life when you made a decision to repent of your sins and accept Jesus as your savior.  If we take Joel Osteen's words to millions of viewers of the Larry King show at face value it is impossible for him to even be a Christian!

Larry King: "You don't call them sinners?"

Joel Oteen: "I don't."

Larry King: "Is that a word you don't use?"

Joel Osteen: "I don't use it.  I never thought about it.  But I probably don't. But most people already know what they're doing wrong.  When I get them to church I want to tell them that you can change.  There can be a difference in your life.  So I don't go down the road of condemning."

Note: Wow!  If you're a Christian--these unbiblical statements from the pastor of America's largest church should cause us all to fall to our knees in prayer for the Church of Christ and the shepherds that are supposed to protect and warn the sheep about men that preach a different gospel.

"At the biggest church in the country, Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas, Pastor Joel Osteen preaches to some 25,000 people each week -- and sin is not on the menu.  Osteen said his goal is to "give people a boost for the week."

"I think for years there's been a lot of hellfire and damnation.  You go to church to figure out what you're doing wrong and you leave feeling bad like you're not going to make it," Osteen said.  "We believe in focusing on the goodness of God."

...Osteen defends Lakewood's ways, saying the lively and inclusive atmosphere is attracting a whole new generation of parishioners."

..."It's not a churchy feel," Osteen, 40, said.  "We don't have crosses up there.  We believe in all that, but I like to take the barriers down that have kept people from coming.  A lot of people who come now are people that haven't been to church in 20 to 30 years."

("Religion Gets Supersized at Megachurches," Tuesday, February 03, 2004.  By Amy C. Sims.  Fox News) 
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP