Users Online Now: 1,769 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,045,765
Pageviews Today: 1,749,516Threads Today: 715Posts Today: 11,852
05:56 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject cyanide gas grass just cost me the respect of everyone I know!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message So this story is going around that some GMO - grass produced a cloud of cyanide and wiped out eighteen cattle, fast.

The story sounds so salacious that I didn't believe it. It blew my mind. But I wanted to make sure it was real. I didn't want to tell everyone I knew about this stunning proof of GMO's dangers until I verified it was credible.

So I find the story carried around many mainstream sites. I watch the news reporters report it. I read hundreds of comments.

I am floored. Its real. GMO crops are mutating and making clouds of cyanide!

I then call everyone I know and tell them about it. They are horrified! We vow to end the GMO industry!

And then... someone tells me. Oh hey, you know Johnson grass makes a lot of cyanide in drought conditions. Its a thing that happens you know...

So, now I research - not the validity of the story- but the fact that totally natural and organic grass just produces lethal levels of cyanide sometimes in drought conditions.

And yeah, I have to call everyone I know and say, "Hey. I'm a total asshole. Nothing interesting about that story at all, except that type of HYBRID grass wasn't known for this fairly common occurrence.

So...

wow.

I am never repeating a story I hear about anything again. Not that I think anyone would listen to me anyway.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP