Users Online Now: 1,315 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 129,475
Pageviews Today: 201,424Threads Today: 82Posts Today: 1,159
02:12 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I live where the mall roof collapsed in Ontario Canada(updates)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I live in the city where the mall roof has collapsed...

last night was the worst night yet as they call off the rescue mission because it was to dangerous to continue

This has our whole town turned upside down....

just going to start a thread for information...

I was across the street in another store when this occured...so glad my car turned left to go prep instead of right in too the mall or me and my daughter would have been a part of that collapse

here is a part of a news release

Rescue efforts called off at Ontario mall collapse

The site of a collapsed mall roof in Elliot Lake, Ont., is too dangerous for emergency crews to continue their search-and-rescue efforts, officials said Monday afternoon.

"This structure could fall at any time without notice," a grim-faced Bill Needles from the Heavy Urban Search and Rescue team said at a news conference.

"This could be a devastating collapse."

The decision to pull rescue crews from the site was made despite the fact that workers earlier believed there were still signs of life within the rubble.

So far, officials have only been able to confirm one death.

The precise number of people missing and unaccounted for has fluctuated since a section of roof at the Algo Centre Mall collapsed.

At one point, the list had since grown to include more than 30 names, Ontario Provincial Police Insp. Percy Jollymore told reporters earlier Monday.

tomato

as I drove by that area yesterday the streets are filled with news crews and the people of the town lining the streets...this will devestate our local economy as no almost everyone in town has lost their place of employment

please reframe from slandering this thread..there are still people trapped in the rubble and they are still unsure of how many fatalities there are, and this whole town is greiving over the loss of friends and loved ones
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP