Users Online Now: 1,418 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 248,437
Pageviews Today: 406,063Threads Today: 128Posts Today: 2,331
05:53 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Anyone else experiencing rolling blackouts in Tennessee This evening? Getting tired of this nonsense.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message *old man sigh* I'll begin with the following. As a retired researcher that once kept himself abreast of the goings-on of virtually all subject matters regardless of their pertinence, I took a God-forsaken break to attempt to enjoy my existence with my lovely wife.

We were going about our leisure hobbies last evening when we last power, and to our chagrin, a typical storm rolled. Power went out, naturally, and we waited patiently for it to return.

It returns at 4AM on July 2, 2012. I'm well asleep by now. The next day, I log on to the internet to browse my cadre of websites to discern what on Earth was going on. To my unsurprised disposition, I realized this was no meager storm, but one that was record settings, and abysmally catastrophic.

Some are claiming it damaged parts of the Power Grid. Which is subject to all manner of atmospheric goings-on.

It is now 6:12 PM, and for the past 3 hours, I've been experiencing brow-outs, shorts period of time where power turns on, and off.

Just had one a moment ago, and am typing from my laptop that is on a UPS.

I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing genuine rolling blackouts, or is it truly because of last evening's storm?

Thoughts, folks? 1dunno1
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP